Thursday, July 12, 2007

I would have posted about the All-Star Game, but sadly work consprired against me and I got home just in time to see the 9th inning. I watched about half that, figured the NL was going to finish their rally and win, and swicthed over to my recording of the Home Run Derby. Sadly, thanks to bad info on the part of the MLB, I only got the first half of the derby. Discovering my recordrding was incomplete and not really worth watching I went back to the end of the game, having heard the AL somehow managed not to choke. I was pleasantly surprised.

SF was a great location for the game and I am very glad the weather was sunny on the derby day. And while the weather was grayer, it wasn't it's usual freezing self for the actual All-Star game.

Now maybe, in about 20 years when the A's have a new ballpark we can host the All-Star Game. Fremont isn't anywhere near as impressive as the City but it will be warmer. (Oakland, you dropped the ball.) All you toursits can actually wear shorts and not freeze.

No comments: