Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update on Richards to Wild

Pollak has the scoop.

The Sharks official response can be found here.

I wanted to come up with something poignant to write about our dearly departed coach, but I realized I don't really know any of the men behind the bench well enough, save for perhaps McLellan, to opine such an offering.

The only thing that came to mind worth sharing was how awkward it must sometimes be for coaches, given how incestuousness the league is. Obviously, 9 times out of 10, these guys know it isn't personal and behave like the adults they are, but when it gets heated, how long does it stay awkward between old friends? Once you have flown over the glass at you opposing coach, I have to think your relationship would become a tad strained.

This is not to say that I think McLellan would launch himself at a former staff mate. Far from it. RW on the other hand....

On a lighter note: Think Ricci will be behind the bench this coming season? Only time will tell.



The Sharks Summer Clearance sale starts today for all you lucky season ticket holders. My fellow mortals and I can attend starting Thursday. Leave some good stuff for us, will ya?

No comments: