Friday, July 4, 2008

Sweet Dreams are Made of These

Last night I had a dream where Boyle got traded to San Jose for Matt Carle. I woke up and discovered it may have actually happened.

I also had a dream where it was pouring outside. I woke up and discovered a sprinkler had exploded.

[I am Gray's lack of edit] So the deal has been finalized. It's time to say goodbye to Matt Carle and Ty Wishart, (before we could know him better), and the Sharks 1st round pick from next year and 4th round pick in 2010. Goodbye friends, and hello to Dan Boyle and Brad Lukowich. I don't know anything about Lukowhich, or Boyle to be honest. The mob seems to like Boyle, so I'll leave the analysis of the trade to better qualified indivduals for now and reserve final judgment until I see him on the ice. I do wonder if Carle will suddenly blossom into a defensive explosion in the next few seasons, but there's no sense in worrying about it as he has moved on to muggy, Disney filled lands.

In other news, Bernier is now a Canuck. I know he's not a Shark, but we like him here, so we will continue to follow him through the ups and downs of his career. I can't help but feel a little bad for him with all the moving around he's been doing lately. Here's to a steady and solid career from now on, sir.

Craig Rivet, know around these parts as CFR has been traded to Buffalo, along with a 7th round pick in 2010 in exchange for second round picks from the Sabres in 2009 and 2010 respectively. This came as a bit of a shock to me, as I had already prepared myself for the likely departure of Kyle McLaren. Rivet liked it here and we're sad to see him go. Good luck in Buffalo, CFR.

No comments: