Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Game 4= awesome ending

ZOMG
I nearly died at the end of the 3rd but then it happened and I cheered so loud my neighbors could hear. More of that please, gentlemen! game 5! Please win! Go Sharks

Game review time! I did miss the very end of the 2nd and part of the 3rd last night, so my review will be based off what parts of the game I saw. I'm actually having a hard time remembering periods 1 and 2, probably due to the fact that I am still dazed by the last ten minutes of period 3. The review will also reflect that haziness.

The Sharks looked much improved last night, though there were still some obvious weak spots in their game. D was still an issue, especially early on. McLaren played much better, but Campbell still looked confused. An early turn over lead to a scramble in the Sharks zone which resulted in a goal for Calgary. The Sharks looked so confused during that play, I nearly cried. The desire to fight and get psychical was obvious from the drop of the puck but for a lot of the first it seemed like that desire was withered. I realize (and am thankful) that the Sharks want to play smarter than the Flames, but it was temporarily worrisome. The restraint the Sharks have is probably what gets them into trouble. They want to avoid the mind games and goon style hockey tactics so much they fall flat. I don't have an answer for the problem, but if the Sharks keep playing like they did at the end of the game last night, they might just solve that problem on their own.

Erhoff was a much needed addition to the game. Setoguchi was also a nice addition once he settled down. He had some good chances and after the first few minutes, didn't look to phased by the fact that he was playing in his first NHL playoff game. Mike Greir hitting people? Always good. I was glad to her JR had a chat with the team. If anyone can snap a hockey team into shape, it's JR.

Ryane Clowe? More please. Same goes for Patty.

The intensity and drive towards the end of the third was incredible. That was what Sharks fans had wanted to see all series. A team determined to win. I spent my time chanting "come on Sharks!" at my television. I nearly fell out of my chair when Cheechoo scored. At the time, I assumed we got to OT, but I hoped for a late tally by the Sharks to win it. The Flames got a few chances towards the end, which made me panic a bit, but just when I thought we were for sure headed to OT, Joe scored. I you read above, I think my "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES! could be heard from space.

That was the response fans had been waiting for. Now they need to keep it up for games 5 and 6, (7 if necessary). I am elated they won last night but there's still a lot of hockey left to play in this series. Let's hope the Sharks can keep this up and improve throughout.

No comments: