Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sharks V Preds, Final Regular Season Edition

Today @5pm, Radio & TV. Yay for games on CSNBA


I have been sitting here trying to come up with some witty analysis for this game, but I can't. Today is unfortunately one of those days where I can't breath (curse you pollen infested air) so I can't really think. So I will just leave you with this: Sharks need to win. Go Sharks!

Post Game Recap:

Ugh.
Really?

It was looking good leading into the second. Sharks were up 2-0 and you could sense more goals coming. The smell of puck hitting netting was in the air. Sadly, it turns out those ghostly scents were coming from behind Nabokov, and not in the comically hilarious yet socially awkward sort of way. The Preds ended up scoring three unanswered goals to win 3-2 in regulation. Whatever the Sharks put on their Wheaties wore off between the first and second.

I ended up trying to cook during parts of the second and most of the third, so I could just hear the play-by-play. I didn't see a lot of it. I had a working theory that since I was cooking during the third last game, and they came back to tie, that might work tonight too. The Sharks much hate chicken donburi.

Douglas Murray nearly booched it big time, but didn't. Which was a plus.

The Preds wanted it more and played for it harder. The Sharks, I don't know where they're heads are but it won't be much of a race for the Pres. trophy is they don't start winning. (as a personal aside, I really don't care about the Pres. Trophy, but it's a nice goal to have. I care about how they do in the playoffs, regardless of home ice advantage. Advantages only matter if you can keep them.)

Anyway, while I am disappointed, I'm not mad. It is what it is and that's all there is too it. Besides, 107 points ain't too shabby. Here's looking to Saturday's game against the....oh, seriously? It's the Coyotes? Maybe I'll go out Saturday night...

No comments: