Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sharks V Caps



They should have designed the Capitol Building with non architectually inclined artists in mind. That sucker is hard to draw.

Sharks win 7-2! A sound defeat of Ovechkin and crew. 2 goals by Clowe. That's what I call a good night.

Mina had the good fortune of being at this game, but she's on vacation so you get my short recap instead. I was fighting zombies and cultists during part of the game, but I wasn't so distracted that I didn't notice the Sharks slow start, or when they took their foot off the gas and let the Caps get some momentum. Luckily, the Sharks were able to regroup and took themselves to a 7-2 victory over the Caps. Morrison accidentally put on in the net for the Sharks in a scramble to keep the puck out of the net. It was a goal that likely would have gone in regardless, but you feel bad for for a guy anytime that happens. Nothing like getting bit by doing the right thing.

Shelley and Brashear fought, as we all thought they would. Brashear won the bout, but his showing off angered Shelley enough to get him a stick tapping and some words in the box. Brashear ended up getting himself a 10 min miscounduct in the second, I think for running his mouth. (I missed the replay due to zombie hoardes)

Sharks goals by: Patty, Clowe, Seto, Thornton (PPG), Vlasic, Clowe(PPG), Grier.

Grier seemed to be having an off night. I was glad to seem him get a goal.

Caps goals by Poti and Fleischmann(PPG. Nice one too, if I remember it correctly).

No comments: